Hello and Welcome!
I’m playing a Choose Your Own Adventure-style campaign and elaborating on how my characters interact with its content. I personally enjoy the challenges that come with limited choices in how to resolve a situation, and in my previous playthroughs, there is so much to explore and experience.
The Game: Fabled Lands by Dave Morris and Jamie Thomson. Published by Fabled Lands Publishing. First published 1196 by Macmillan Publishers Ltd. This edition was published in 2015 by Fabled Lands Publishing, an imprint of Fabled Lands LLP.
There are 7 books in this series that I hope to utilize.
I will not scan or share the illustrations from the books. I will endeavor not to type up the descriptions as the authors originally published them. The initial information and format for my character profiles and any adversaries encountered are copied from the books to help me keep track of stats and battles. The world of Harkuna is not of my own creation, but that of the authors of this book series. Dave Morris gave me permission to post and share my playthrough.
Thank you for reading, and I hope you enjoy!
Hello. Thank you so much for this great playthrough so far. I did not know FL can be played with more than 1 character, this is very interesting. Quite like Legendary Kingdoms - with intresting characters background. I'm not english native, but your writing seem really good. I enjoy reading it each day. I don't know what you plan for ending (as FL have no ending, right?) but this adventure is great to follow. Keep up the good work !
ReplyDeleteHi! Technically, the game isn't designed to be played with multiple characters. The previous campaigns have ended early so many times with just a single character. I got farther when I played through with two characters. And then one campaign, I played starting with six characters, where I managed to dip my toes into a third book instead of just two. XD
DeleteThere are so many class specific options and quests that I want to explore, but can miss out on them if I don't have the right class. I wanted to turn this into a creative writing/storytelling project, which includes character development. In my opinion, characters develop better when there's more than one of them. To play off of each other and grow together.
Thank you for reading what I have shared thus far! I don't know how the story will end. I have six or seven of the books to explore through, and I've only touched upon the War-torn Kingdom so far. I know how I'll be introducing a mage character, but I haven't made up the Troubadour or Warrior characters yet.
I would also like to thank you very much for commenting! I've shared the links with some friends who I thought would enjoy it. Learning that someone else found it and appreciates it is truly thrilling! Thank you!
Well I found this little gem because of your comments on Dave Morris's blog. :-)
Delete